new

1 2 3 4

Friday, May 24, 2013

Trifextra: We Live Our Virtual Lives






This weekend we are asking for a thirty-three word confession. You're free to write non-fiction or fiction or to blur the lines in between. We just encourage you to get creative and give us your best.

This week's Trifextra Writing Challenge is to write a 33 word confession, and here's mine. 
Uh, I suppose it's...fiction? Non fiction? Non fiction, I guess. We all have our virtual avatars.

Here it is:
By http://mihaelaj.deviantart.com/


I don’t dance; she does.
 I don’t smile; she does.

 I am reserved; she speaks of sex and violence, politics and ambition, dreams and illusions.

I am her.

She is me, only binary. 

13 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting expression and response. I like the rhyme a the end: "She is me, only binary."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, those people within people. :)
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we do show a different persona in real life vs. online. I hadn't thought about it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work ... expressing the dichotomy to accept who you really are but the "pressure" has you succumbed !

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh very good. this is exactly who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. contradictory personality traits in the same skin, escaping through the finger tips. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha this is totally me too sometimes xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. The web just makes it so easy to live out that "other" life. It's all good so long as it doesn't come back to bite you.

    Thank you for linking up! Please don't forget to return for the voting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If only I could reconcile one with the other my thought is we might be invincible - or at least comfortable in all of our shoes :). I liked this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this and I'm sure many of us can relate...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hidden personalities via the web. Great story.

    Barbara @ allmylivesnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to start this series! It sounds so good, and the covers for it are so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...